Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creativity

Yesterday the temperatures were in the 80's and the leaves are almost fully out on the trees.  Now is the time to get out there and get inspired to create art! No matter what art media you are involved in (I suspect most of you are jewelry makers), inspiration can be found anywhere. Nature is probably THE best inspiration for art.  Look for the following:  colors and color harmonies; textures and patterns, especially in foliage; repetition of color & texture in a scene.  Take a trip to a botanical garden and take pictures of pleasing color combinations amongst the flowers.  Reading books on landscape design are very helpful in learning these principles of art and design.

Email me (lwjlynn@frontiernet.net) a digital .jpg photo of a Nature inspired art piece you have recently created  and I will try to post them throughout the summer on my blog. Please tell a short story of what in Nature inspired you to create your art.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn
    I really enjoyed reading your blog :) The story about the ring, I can relate. I also would love to go to a jewelry trade school! It is one of my dreams...........I like the sentiments of procrastination. One of my favorites has always been, The journey of 1000 steps begins with just one. I think it was Confusious who said. Have a great week, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! I love getting feedback and tips on motivation from others.

    ReplyDelete